Weekly Photo Challenge: Sullivan’s Island

IMG_2033

A container that washed up on the beach on Sullivan’s Island, South Carolina.  What could it contain?

This post is a response to the Weekly Photo Challenge: Containers

About these ads

11 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Sullivan’s Island

1. Henrietta Choplin July 18, 2014 / 5:47 pm

I was just thinking about your Blog yesterday! It’s good to see your work again!!

• humanrightswarrior July 18, 2014 / 5:51 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Henrietta! I’ve been so busy, I haven’t posted in weeks! Take care, Jennifer

• Henrietta Choplin July 18, 2014 / 5:55 pm

Yes, I thought that you were probably very busy. Thank you, and you too! :)

• humanrightswarrior July 18, 2014 / 6:33 pm

Thanks! No telling how long it has been there. I tried poking around, but it was too heavy to move and the fastenings were rusted shut. A mystery it must remain.

2. Beauty Along the Road July 18, 2014 / 8:46 pm

It definitely looks like something quite old. They don’t build boxes like that anymore….Do you think it recently washed up on the beach or has it been there for some time?

• humanrightswarrior July 19, 2014 / 8:34 am

I would suspect that it has been there quite a while. It is quite large and heavy – it must have taken a serious storm to bring it ashore. I found it near the point of Sullivan’s Island at the entrance to Charleston harbor (directly across from Fort Sumter). You can see Charleston in the background Thanks for your comment!

3. Madhu July 20, 2014 / 4:25 am

Great capture! I love your header image even more! :-)

Everyone has the right to an opinion and I'd love to hear yours! While comments are very welcome, they will be moderated. My kids read this blog, too!

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s